Trinity Bastion

Trinity Bastion, officially known as No.1 Bastion (and by many older locals as ‘Vicar’s Bank’ or ‘Tragedy Bank’) was one of four bastions and two demi-bastions built as part of the defensive ramparts that surrounded Gosport town, known as the Gosport Lines. It was constructed, by convict labour, in about 1802 as part of the … Continue reading Trinity Bastion